The correct classification of goods using Commodity and Tarrif Codes is fundamental for customs compliance, establishing correct duty rates, origin of goods, intrastate, export control and many other customs and security procedures.
This course will consider the terminology used and the structure of the Harmonised System, Commodity and Tariff Codes. It will examine the rules that are used for classification and the tools available to assist in the establishment of the correct code.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The importance of the codes
- The difference between Commodity, Harmonised and Tariff Codes
- Where and when each should be used
- How to correlate with other countries systems
- The general rules for coding Binding tariff agreements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for those involved with product developments, compliance, shipping and dispatch, purchasing and importing, sales and customer service.
Standard: £160.00 + VAT
Member: £130.00 + VAT
Inclusive of certification fee.
Bespoke training package and in-house delivery available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.