Finance Wales has a range of finance from £1,000 to £3 million to help your business grow.
Read about the range of funding available and our two-day fast-track application for businesses that have been trading for 2 years.
Finance Wales was established by the Welsh Government in 2001 and provides commercial investment to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) throughout Wales to enable them to realise their potential for innovation and growth.
Finance Wales can invest from £1,000 to £3 million at a time in SMEs based throughout Wales from a number of investment funds and can invest up to a total of £5 million in one SME.
Whether you’re starting a business, at an early stage, seeking expansion, looking to buy into a business or seeking short-term finance for a range of business needs, Finance Wales can help by providing;
* micro loans (£1,000 – £50,000)
* technology venture investment
* business loans
* equity investments
* mezzanine investments
Currently Finance Wales has a new streamlined two-day application process for micro loans between £1,000 and £5,000 for Welsh businesses that have been trading for more than two years.
Finance Wales considers each SME’s investment requirement in detail to come up with a suitable growth funding package.
Typically, repayment terms on Finance Wales’ loans range from one to five years. Interest rates charged are based on an SME’s individual circumstances and are fixed for the term of the loan.
Finance Wales has very few restrictions in terms of sectors they can invest in and their funding packages can be tailored to the individual needs of businesses. As an example they can provide funding for;
* start-up costs
* Premises purchase and upgrade
* Cash flow
* New equipment or machinery
* Performance and warranty bonds
* Research and development
* IP rights protection
* Stock purchasing
* Acquisition of a business
* Management buy outs/ins
* Commercial and residential property projects
Finance Wales is currently investing a number of funds and can now invest in more Welsh SMEs than ever, their funds include;
* the European Regional Development Fund and Welsh Government-backed £136 million Wales Business Fund, which launched in September 2016
* the £40 million Wales SME Investment Fund (backed by Welsh Government and Barclays)
* the £12 million Wales Micro-business Loan Fund (backed by Welsh Government)
* the £10 million Wales Property Development Fund (backed by Welsh Government)
* the £20 million Wales Capital Growth Fund (backed by Welsh Government)
* the £7.5 million Wales Technology Seed Fund (backed by Welsh Government)
* the £25 million Wales Management Succession Fund (backed by Welsh Government)
Finance Wales is part of the Finance Wales Group and in the 2015-16 financial year invested £45.6 million in Welsh businesses, leveraging an additional £64.8 million in private investment.
Read information on the Group’s performance and impact.
The Finance Wales Group is one of the UK’s largest SME investors and currently manages funds in excess of £700 million.
xénos, the Wales Business Angel Network and FW Capital are also part of the Group. For more information visit xénos – the Wales business angel network and FW Capital.
Read about Memberoo | Finance Wales investing in the growth of Welsh SMEs here
Read about Finance Wales and their latest investments in Welsh Business here