Watch this short film produced by the British Chamber of Commerce.
What will you get for your membership fee?:
Business Networking Events join one of the UK largest business networks. Meet other businesses and create your own networks in fun and informal ways. We are very friendly and support businesses of all sizes. If you want to find out for yourself, come to one of our events as a none-member and see what potential exists for your business. Our events also give you access to speakers, advice, business contacts, member to member benefits, and a friendly network of other members all wanting to help each other .
Get Noticed: raise the profile of your company across the region, either on our website, via member 2 member offers, write your good news stories for the quarterly newsletter Chamber Chat or partner us at events, e.g. the Welsh Business Awards. Joining the Chamber can help increase your profile hugely.
Business Insight: be kept informed into the issues facing Wales and the UK to help you plan and respond to change.
A Voice: we are the key independent voice for SME’s in Wales; we lobby and influence to ensure your voice is heard. We listen; our quarterly Wales Business Barometer is the only independent pan-Wales survey of its type informing business of the economic trends. Via the British Chamber of Commerce we also ensure that issues facing Welsh business are raised with the UK government too.
International Trade: If you are thinking of exporting your Chamber has huge expertise that can help you. We offer expert advice on exporting and trading overseas. Fantastic savings on International Documentation cost for members links to overseas embassies, and access to over 28 overseas British Chambers of Commerce to help you find the right advice when you need it.
Part of Something Bigger: the Chamber is accredited by the British Chamber of Commerce with direct links to Central Government, 52 Chambers across the UK and a further 28 across the world.
Credibility; the history and work of the Chamber connects your business to a nationally recognised organisation, with credibility, integrity and independence.
Professional Services: Access to a number of inclusive or reduced professional services to save you money, and reduce your risks.
No other membership organisation can offer all this. Chamber Membership starts from as little as £180+vat. So, what are you waiting for?
Click on the benefit blocks below to view.
Business Protection and Employee Retention
FREE: SWCC Legal & HR Solution
We have partnered with Composite Legal Expenses, an AmTrust Financial Company, to provide your business with £1,000,000 worth of cover Legal Expenses Insurance as part of your membership.
Any business fortunate enough not to have been embroiled in a legal dispute can count themselves lucky. No matter how well you plan and manage your business you never know when you are going to face unexpected, expensive legal and professional fees.
In addition to the many employment related disputes, businesses also find themselves having to defend Inland Revenue investigations and HSE prosecutions. Your business could also find itself involved in legal disputes relating to its property or with a Landlord.
Your business has access to up to £100,000 worth of professional fees per case each year to cover:
- Employment Disputes – The cost of defending actions brought by employees including unfair dismissal & discrimination claims.
- Employment Awards – Covers the employment tribunal compensation award in the event of failure in your employment representation.
- Prosecution Defence – Cost of defending a prosecution for an offence relating to your business activities including the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Tax, VAT, PAYE and NIC Investigations – Cover is provided to pay professional fees resulting from in depth investigations.
- License Protection – Where your business is dependent on holding a statutory license in order to trade, cover is provided for appeal costs where the license is at threat.
- Data Protection Act – Cost of defending civil proceedings bought against your business under the Data Protection Act.
- Property Legal Protection – Enables your business to pursue legal rights arising from negligent acts of others affecting your property
- Landlord Disputes – Representing your interests in disputes with landlords over the business lease or tenancy agreement.
- Chamber 24/7 Legal, HR and Tax Advice Line – 24/7 Legal Advice Centre is staffed by solicitors and fully trained advisors. Members can call about any area of law, HR or tax matter and will be provided with confidential and secure advice.
- Online HR Resource & Law Guide – A comprehensive online offering dedicated HR and Employment Law support for members to access precedent HR documents, know-how and templates including contracts of employment
- Online Legal Documents Service – Members gain access to and intuitive online legal document preparation system for the automatic customization of the documents, contracts, policies and letters covering health & safety , contracts, data protection, intellectual property and more.
- Jury Service Allowance – Up to £1000 per claim to compensate for the loss of an employee attending court or tribunal.
In addition to these helpful employee benefits as well:
- Personal injury (£75,000) – Legal Expenses cover is included for all employees and their partners to pursue compensation following a personal injury
- Business Motoring (£75,000) – Pursuing uninsured losses following a non-fault road traffic accident including excess recovery, car hire charges and credit repair.
- Consumer Disputes (£1000) – Up to £1000 worth of professional fees following a personal dispute arising from the purchase or sale of faulty goods or services.
Don’t pay for expensive legal expenses insurance, save money by benefitting from Chamber Legal Expenses cover as part of your membership.
DISCOUNTED: Chamber Business Healthcare Plan
Why private healthcare cover?
Private healthcare cover can help you and your employees stay healthy so that you lose fewer days to illness and you can be confident that everybody is able to contribute to the success of your business. It makes it easy for you to get the expert health services you need promptly.
Put simply, private health insurance offers you and your employees quick access to expect diagnose and eligible treatment, from private doctors and hospitals.
South Wales Chamber of Commerce are pleased to introduced AXA PPP healthcare to provide affordable healthcare insurance.
At AXA PPP healthcare we can help you create a healthcare plan that’s as unique as your business. A plan to fast track you and your people to diagnosis and treatment. And to support you all back to health, and back to work as quickly as possible.
Let us remove any hassle and arrange your specialist appointments for you and avoid waiting lists.
Make sure you see experienced specialists and practitioners.
Expert help – our nurses and counsellors are available by phone 24/7, to give you health information and help support your team whenever they need it
The Chambers business healthcare package has been created with small businesses in mind, offering affordable, flexible plans to suit your business budget. There’s access to a free business resource, as well as a special offer of discounted Chambers fees when you take out a plan. In just ten minutes you can have a tailored quote to suit your business’ needs. Call on 0800 389 7413** and let us know that you’re a member of South Wales Chamber of Commerce
Special offers when you take out a business healthcare plan
Take out a business healthcare plan with us and you’ll receive:
50% discount off your Chamber membership fees for three years*.
A free Employee Assistance Programme for the whole company – there to support you and your employees when you need it.
Benefits you get just for being a Chamber member
Free access to Health at Hand – a 24/7 telephone helpline, offering confidential health information and support from health professionals. Visit https://www.axappphealthcare.co.uk/chambers/ for more information and to activate this free service now.
For more information on AXA PPP healthcare and its products and services, please visit https://www.axappphealthcare.co.uk/business-health-insurance/small-to-medium-business/
*Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply, see AXA PPP healthcare’s website for more details, with the key T&Cs for this offer.
This offer is only available to members of participating Chambers.
This offer is available to direct new customers of AXA PPP healthcare only.
50% chamber membership is up to value of £125 per insured employee.
50% chamber membership can be claimed each year for up to 3 years as long as a current business healthcare policy remains in force.
AXA PPP healthcare reserves the right to change or remove this special offer at any time.
** Lines are open 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. We may record and/or monitor calls for quality assurance, training and as a record of our conversation.
[Insert your Chamber of Commerce here] are introducing AXA PPP healthcare to provide affordable health insurance. The private healthcare insurance plans are underwritten by AXA PPP healthcare. AXA PPP healthcare is authorised by the Prudential Regulations Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulations Authority. Registered in England number 3148119. Registered office: AXA PPP healthcare, 5 Old Broad Street, London. EC2N 1AD
DISCOUNTED: Chamber Primary Health Plans
We know that success depends upon having the best talent in place for now and the future, that’s why it’s important to attract the best people and retain your team.
We have partnered with two leading providers of health insurance, Westfield Health and Plutus Health to provide you with a highly valued employee benefit – healthcare cash plans – to protect employees and promote the importance of health and well-being within your organisation.
For a regular premium, cash plans allow your employees to claim money back on many common health expenses including dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, acupuncture and much more.
The Chamber Primary Health Plans provide you with bespoke cash plan options at discounted premiums which can be paid by the employer or the employee. Employees have the option to arrange discounted cover for their families.
Westfield Health offer an additional service, just for our members – an employee discount website providing access to offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 350 retailers including Sainsbury, Argos, B&Q and M&S (usually £25 per employee).
Healthcare benefits are ranked among the most desirable and valuable benefits offered to employees in the UK. Our health plans are an excellent means of incentivising and rewarding employees, as well as an effective means of reducing absenteeism.
Join today to provide a valuable employee benefit which:
- Improves staff productivity, motivation and morale
- Helps to recruit, retain and reward your staff
- Helps as part of pay negotiations
- Help employees with health and stress related problems
- Support your duty of care obligations
- Business Cost Reduction
Chamber Primary Health Plan – Westfield Health 1 – pdf download
Chamber Primary Health Plan – Westfield Health 2 – pdf download
Chamber Primary Health Plan – Plutus Health – pdf download
Business Cost Reduction
DISCOUNTED: Chamber Foreign Exchange
If you have international payment requirements we’ll make sure it’s being managed in the most efficient and cost effective way.
We have partnered with Moneycorp, a leading UK based specialist in foreign exchange to provide you with exclusive offers, bank beating exchange rates and expert currency advice.
Your dedicated personal trader will provide a hassle free, no obligation, assessment of your business’s foreign exchange requirements (worth £250) to help you pin-point where you could improve your margins and help you manage foreign exchange risk, protect against currency fluctuations and make savings on every transaction.
Chamber Foreign Exchange 1 – pdf download
Chamber Foreign Exchange 2 – pdf download
DISCOUNTED: Chamber Roadside Assistance
We know that keeping your fleet of cars, vans, trucks and other vehicles moving is crucial to a successful business.
We have partnered with The AA, to provide you with huge savings on different levels of roadside assistance to suit your business.
All services are vehicle-based cover, so it doesn’t matter who is driving and Essential Car Users can be added to the policies.
Chamber Roadside Assistance – pdf download
DISCOUNTED: Chamber Energy Solutions
Are increasing energy costs impacting the growth of your business? Then Chamber Energy Solutions is the answer.
We have partnered with Utilitywise, a UK based independent utility, energy and water cost management consultancy in the United Kingdom to provide you with an exclusive range of products and services to reduce both energy consumption and associated cost.
Through Chamber Energy Solutions every member has:
- The opportunity to join the Chamber Energy Alliance in order to leverage an energy deal that delivers a competitive rate.
- Access to a helpline and email helpdesk, providing direct access to energy specialists, answering questions and offering advice on all aspects of energy management.
- Discounted Audits, Metering and Monitoring products
- A full gas and electricity bill analysis service to help members gain understanding and insight into the energy choices available to them
- Opportunity to secure energy rates 12 months in advance of current contract end dates and option to benefit from five-year contracts
Chamber Energy Solutions 1 – pdf download
Chamber Energy Solutions 2 – pdf download
Chamber Energy Solutions 3 – pdf download