Membership Terms and Conditions for South Wales Chamber of Commerce
By proceeding with the registration process for membership of South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce, via hard copy or online application form, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In this agreement, a Member is defined as a member of the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce from the date of monies received in for the required amount. Membership is for 12 months. Once membership is taken up, it will run for 12 months and will be automatically renewed unless notice is received to cancel the membership three months prior to the anniversary date in writing.
These terms and conditions form the basis of the legal relationship between a Member and the South & MidWales Chamber of Commerce.
2. Applications for Membership
Membership of the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce is open to any business either public or private, or individuals in a business environment.
3. Membership Fees
- You agree to pay an annual payment (Annual Subscription) to the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce, the sum of which is set by the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce.
- You agree to make a payment which is equal to the Annual Subscription on the date that you make an application to become a Member of the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce and annually thereafter.
- Membership fees correspond to the number of employees in the Member company. The South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to cancel or amend a membership if these details provided to the Chamber are deliberately misleading.
4. Member Responsibility
It is the Members’ responsibility to inform the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce specifically of any change in the company’s details, such as;
- A change in point of contact dealing with the company’s membership with full contact details (name, position, contact number, email).
- A change in the company’s address along with new contact details.
- A significant change in the number of employees, e.g. 10%.
Should you wish to cancel your membership, you are required to do so in writing three months before the membership expiry date. Unless such notice of intention is given, the next annual subscription falls due and the full membership fee shall become a debt legally recoverable, with an administration fee of £35.00+VAT in absence of payment made by end of anniversary of renewal month. Any subscription is payable in full. You will not be entitled to any refund, either in full or part, of any annual subscription that you have paid.
The South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to refuse membership and to terminate membership should the ongoing activities of the member be deemed a reputational risk to the Chamber brand.
Members Privacy and Data Protection
We take the privacy of our members and all visitors seriously and will only use any personal data collected during your use of the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce website in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and these terms.
Members agree that company details can be forwarded to other members unless requested otherwise to the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce.
Events and International Trade Documents Terms and Conditions for South Wales Chamber of Commerce
The South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce provides a wide range of opportunities to network, available in different formats and at times to suit busy schedules: from breakfasts and lunches, to trade exhibitions, international themed events and more.
By proceeding with the registration process for a South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce event, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and payment liability.
- Full delegate payment must be received prior to the event. Our credit terms for events are twenty-eight days of invoice date or fifteen days prior to the event, whichever is sooner.
- If you book a chargeable event but do not attend, you will not be entitled to transfer your booking to another event. Cancellation must be received within the timescales set out in section 3 to be entitled to a refund or credit, otherwise the full cost remains payable.
- If you book a free event and you do not attend, South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £10.00 + VAT per delegate.
- Delegates may be photographed at events. By registering to attend, delegates consent for the South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce to use any photographs taken in future marketing.
- South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce is not liable for any personal property at an event.
- It may be necessary for reason beyond our control to amend the date, time, venue, content and speakers. Where an event has to be cancelled, you may be offered an alternative similar event or issued a refund. We disclaim any further liability.
- By debit or credit card at www.southwaleschamber.co.uk or telephone, using the details below.
Via BACS: Sort Code: 30-96-00 Account No: 00619412.
- Amendments or cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or South & Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce, Orion Suite, Enterprise Way, Newport, NP20 2AQ.
- Cancellations must be received within the timescales set out below in order to be entitled to a refund:
– Standard events (e.g. business breakfasts and lunches): minimum 10 days prior to the event
– International events (e.g. workshops and seminars): minimum five days prior to the event
– Showcase events (e.g. Christmas, Golf, Awards Dinner): minimum five weeks prior to the event
- If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, the full event charge remains payable
- If a booking is cancelled with less notice than set out in 3 (ii) and payment has not already been made, the full cost of the event remains payable.
Rebecca Lawson – T: 029 2043 4946 / 01633 242746
Jacqueline Davies – T: 01633 242749
To download our Terms and Conditions, click here: Membership / Events
Reviewed 10th July 2015